Monday 25 October 2010

JN2053 Skills Tests: Images

As part of my university course, I was tasked with taking pictures of a famous landmark in Preston. From a list of five possibilities, I chose Deepdale, the home of Preston North End. The stadium lies just outside the centre of Preston, and is the longest continually used football ground in the world.

As part of the task, I was asked to take an original image of the ground and then re-size and crop it three times. Below is the original image followed by the three edited versions.



This is my original image. It shows the main entrance to the ground's Sir Tom Finney stand. The club's emblem can be see at the top of the stand, whilst at the bottom vehicles parked in the stadium's main car park are visible.


My first edit has re-sized the image to a 400px x 300px image. I have cropped the image down so it still shows the club logo and the large floodlights which are a staple of modern stadia. However, I have cropped out the vehicles at the bottom of the image, as I feel they do not add anything to the image for the audience.


The above image is my second crop of the image. It has been re-sized to 200px x 500px. I aimed to make the club logo the focal point of the picture, and therefore cropped the image accordingly. This therefore meant taking out the floodlights, but for an image of this size this had to be done.


The final image has been cropped to a 100px x 100px thumbnail. I aimed to keep all the main points of the image in the thumbnail, whilst again taking out the vehicles at the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment